Villages are resource rich with immense scope to develop sustainable and profitable enterprise providing local employment and generating revenue. All they need is some support and direction. We have the following initiatives underway
- With a view to promote healthy lifestyle and find the number of (effective means of) livelihood options, we have worked hard not only on organic farming but have been able to create an entire supply chain to make organic farming a profitable venture.
- We arranged consultations and visits of domain experts to lead our tribal farms towards more sustainable and profitable agricultural process
- Per their advice, we have facilitated investment in agricultural process revamp, logistics infrastructure & market development
- Impact observed: 3 times more produce at lower input costs.
- Leveraged scheme promoted by Khadi Gramodyog .
- Pilot project undertaken with 10 bee boxes.
- Our lab is set up and run by Tribal Youth.
- It serves a two- fold purpose – Undertake data entry projects and train tribal kids in basic IT
- Longer term plan is to create an IT offshore center run by local youth
- Abhedya Yuva dal initiated organizing of Friday markets for local goods trade in the tribal cluster
- Impact: significant boost rural interaction & economy
MARKETING OF FOREST PRODUCE
- Our team has facilitated creation of ‘Direct to market’ channel to sell forest produce – mahua seeds, achar nuts etc. to avoid middle men and get better prices
We are always looking for more ideas to make our villages economically stronger and self sufficient. Do write to us share your ideas and/or collaborate